Tale of Two Agencies – Overlapping Jurisdiction of the FCC and FTC Sponsored by the Federalist Society's Telecommunications & Electronic Media Practice Group Wednesday, September 02, 12:00 PMNational Press Club - Holeman Lounge
529 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20045
With the adoption of the Open Internet Order, the Federal Communications Commission has potentially waded into areas that have historically been within the Federal Trade Commission’s jurisdiction. How are privacy, consumer protection, and technology policy issues currently being handled by the agencies – do their actions complement each other or are they creating regulatory tension and uncertainty? If there is a turf war going on, will Congress step in or will the courts decide? How does it impact competition policies and consumer protection? Join FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai and FTC Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen as they engage in a moderated discussion about these and other issues relating to the respective roles of their agencies.
Financial Services & E-Commerce Practice Group Podcast
- Hon. Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Federal Trade Commission
- Hon. Ajit V. Pai, Federal Communications Commission
- Moderator: Alexander Okuliar, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Gregory F. Jacob August 31, 2015
On July 24, 2015, the D.C. Circuit Court issued an opinion allowing a challenge to the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and of the recess appointment of its director to continue. Our expert discussed the implications of this decision and other recent developments in Dodd-Frank Act litigation.
Corporations, Securities & Antitrust Practice Group Podcast
- Gregory F. Jacob, Partner, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
The Supreme Court issued a number of notable opinions in the area of bankruptcy law during the recently concluded term. Our experts offered their analysis on recent developments in the field and took questions from a call-in audience.
- Prof. Thomas Plank, Joel A. Katz Distinguished Professor of Law, University of Tennessee College of Law
- Prof. Zvi Rosen Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Prof. David Skeel, S. Samuel Arsht Professor of Corporate Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School