2016 North Carolina Judicial Candidate Forum Triangle Lawyers Chapter Thursday, October 06, 06:00 PMThe Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Hanover I Ballroom
421 South Salisbury Street,
Raleigh, NC 27601
- Justice Robert Edmunds, Jr.
- Judge Richard Dietz
- Judge Abe Jones
- Judge Linda Stephens
- Hunter Murphy
- Judge Margaret P. Eagles (campaign representative)
Moderator: Donna Martinez - John Locke Foundation, Carolina Journal, and WPTF
In November, North Carolina voters will head to the polls to vote to fill one North Carolina Supreme Court seat and five Court of Appeals seats. The candidate forum will provide the candidates with the opportunity to discuss their judicial philosophies and their view of the role of the judiciary in our system of government. Litigation Practice Group Podcast
After almost eight years in office, President Obama’s 322 appointments to the federal courts have already begun to make a substantial impact on the law. In this Teleforum, two litigators talked about whether and how these new judges are shaping the law and the judiciary. They focused in particular on the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the D.C. and Ninth Circuits.
2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
- Damien Schiff, Principal Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation
- Brett Shumate, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
Tim Cerio, General Counsel to Governor Rick Scott of Florida, delivered this address at the 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference on Saturday, January 23, 2016, at Disney's Boardwalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, FL. He was introduced by Judge Ed Scales of the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
Address by Tim Cerio
- Mr. Tim Cerio, General Counsel to Governor Rick Scott
- Introduction: Hon. Edwin A. Scales III, Florida Third District Court of Appeal
Disney's Boardwalk Inn 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
Lake Buena Vista, FL
This panel was part of the 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference at Disney's Boardwalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, FL on January 22-23, 2016.
A Conversation on Judging
- Hon. Charles T. Canady, Florida Supreme Court
- Hon. William H. Pryor, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Moderator: Dean R. Alexander Acosta, Dean, Florida International University College of Law
- Introduction: Mr. Morgan Streetman, Founder and Principal, Streetman Law
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Lake Buena Vista, FL