Short video featuring Adam White Adam J. White October 20, 2016
What is the proper role of the Supreme Court in the government and in society? Adam White, research fellow at the Hoover Institution, explains Federalist No. 78, Alexander Hamilton's take on the role of the Supreme Court, and what judicial independence means for America today. Litigation Practice Group Podcast
After almost eight years in office, President Obama’s 322 appointments to the federal courts have already begun to make a substantial impact on the law. In this Teleforum, two litigators talked about whether and how these new judges are shaping the law and the judiciary. They focused in particular on the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the D.C. and Ninth Circuits.
2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
- Damien Schiff, Principal Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation
- Brett Shumate, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
Tim Cerio, General Counsel to Governor Rick Scott of Florida, delivered this address at the 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference on Saturday, January 23, 2016, at Disney's Boardwalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, FL. He was introduced by Judge Ed Scales of the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
Address by Tim Cerio
- Mr. Tim Cerio, General Counsel to Governor Rick Scott
- Introduction: Hon. Edwin A. Scales III, Florida Third District Court of Appeal
Disney's Boardwalk Inn 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
Lake Buena Vista, FL
This panel was part of the 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference at Disney's Boardwalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, FL on January 22-23, 2016.
A Conversation on Judging
- Hon. Charles T. Canady, Florida Supreme Court
- Hon. William H. Pryor, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Moderator: Dean R. Alexander Acosta, Dean, Florida International University College of Law
- Introduction: Mr. Morgan Streetman, Founder and Principal, Streetman Law
Disney's Boardwalk Inn Litigation Practice Group Podcast
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Whoever the next President is, judicial appointments will be among his or her most important legacies. With four Supreme Court Justices over the age of 77, this is a particularly timely discussion. This Teleforum discussed what the next President should look for in judicial nominees. It also discussed whether and how the President takes the Senate's views into account when making judicial nominations.
- Thomas L. Jipping, Chief Counsel, Senator Hatch, Judiciary Committee
- Carrie Severino, Chief Counsel and Policy Director, Judicial Crisis Network