Fifth Annual Executive Branch Review Conference
The Fifth Annual Executive Branch Review Conference will examine the changing and often convoluted relationship between the legislative and the executive branches in the United States government. The Conference began with an opening address by Senator Mike Lee and concluded with a closing address by OMB Director Mick Mulvaney.
This panel of the 2017 Executive Branch Review Conference was held at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. on May 17, 2017.
Breakout Session: Judicial Deference and Congressional Action
2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Hon. Ronald A. Cass, Dean Emeritus, Boston University School of Law and President, Cass & Associates, PC
- Prof. John O. McGinnis, George C. Dix Professor in Constitutional Law, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Prof. Richard Pierce, Lyle T. Alverson Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Mr. M. Edward Whelan, President, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Moderator: Hon. Thomas B. Griffith, United States Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
Mayflower Hotel Philadelphia Lawyers Chapter
These remarks were given by the Honorable Michael R. Pence, Vice President of the United States on February 4, 2017, at Congress Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Vice President Pence was welcomed by Eugene B. Meyer, President of the Federalist Society. Prayer was led by Reverend Paul Rourke, SJ, Chaplain of the Georgetown University Law Center. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Vance Thomas Yanney II of the Shipley School, and the national anthem was sung by Leigh Emery, Co-founder of Broadway Lights the Night. 2017 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
This address by the Honorable Mike Lee (U.S. Senator, Utah) was given on February 4, 2017, at the 2017 Florida Chapters Conference at Disney's BoardWalk Inn at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Hon. Mike Lee, U.S Senator, Utah
- Introduction: Jesse Panuccio, Acting Associate Attorney General / Principal Deputy Associate Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice
Disney's Boardwalk Inn 2017 Annual Florida Chapters Conference
Lake Buena Vista, FL
This address by the Honorable Marco Rubio (U.S. Senator, Florida) was given on February 3, 2017, at the 2017 Florida Chapters Conference at Disney's BoardWalk Inn at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Hon. Marco Rubio, U.S. Senator, Florida
- Introduction: William W. Large, President, Florida Justice Reform Institute
Disney's Boardwalk Inn Article I Initiative
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Congressman Goodlatte discusses the House Judiciary Committee's agenda for the 115th Congress. He delivered these remarks on Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
- Hon. Bob Goodlatte, United States House of Representatives
- Introduction: Hon. C. Boyden Gray, Founding Partner, Boyden Gray & Associates
National Press Club