Post-Argument SCOTUScast featuring Paul Mirengoff Paul E. Mirengoff January 27, 2015
On January 13, 2015, the Supreme Court heard oral argument in Mach Mining v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. This case involves the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) Title VII duty to investigate claims of discrimination levied against an employer and to make good faith efforts to eliminate discriminatory employment practices before filing suit against that employer. The question this case asks is whether and to what extent a court may enforce the EEOC's duty to conciliate discrimination claims before filing suit.
To discuss the case, we have Mr. Paul Mirengoff, Mr. Mirengoff is a retired attorney in Washington, D.C. and is a blogger at powerlineblog.com. 17th Annual Faculty Conference
This panel was part of the 17th Annual Federalist Society Faculty Conference held on January 3-4, 2015 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC.
Young Legal Scholars Paper Presentations
In Memory of Prof. Dan Markel, Florida State University School of Law, Prawfsblawg Founder, and former Searle fellow
- Prof. William Baude, University of Chicago Law School, "Is Originalism the Law?"
- Prof. Charles Korsmo, Case Western University School of Law, "Aggregation by Acquisition: Replacing Class Actions with a Market for Legal Claims"
- Prof. Minor Myers, Brooklyn Law School, "Aggregation by Acquisition: Replacing Class Actions with a Market for Legal Claims"
- Prof. Christopher Newman, George Mason University School of Law, "Bailment and the Property/Contract Interface"
- Prof. Christopher Walker, Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, "Inside Agency Interpretation"
- Prof. Kevin Walsh, University of Richmond School of Law, "In the Beginning There Was None: Supreme Court Review of State Criminal Prosecutions"
- Commentor: Prof. James Lindgren, Northwestern University School of Law
- Commentor: Prof. Keith Hylton, Boston University School of Law
- Moderator: Prof. Richard Garnett, University of Notre Dame Law School
January 3, 2015