Omni Parker House Hotel
60 School Street
- Professor F. Scott Kieff, George Washington University Law School
- Erik P. Belt, McCarter & English, LLP
- Jerry Cohen, Esq., Burns & Levinson LLP
- Professor Michael Meurer, Boston University School of Law
- Professor David S. Olson (Moderator), Boston College Law School
This panel will explore the long-standing debate over remedies for patent infringement and whether and how we should reform the patent system to ensure it is functioning to promote efficient investment in innovation. From questions about granting and enforcing injunctions after eBay v. MercExchange and TiVo v. EchoStar, to the proper standards for calculating damages after the ResQnet cases regarding use of prior licenses in determining reasonable royalty rates and the Uniloc v. Microsoft decision abandoning the so-called 25% rule, our panel of experts will discuss both the legal aspects of the current debates as well as their implications and their place in the broader debate over the economic role of patents.
Please call (617) 449-6603 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
This event is free of charge.
Patent Enforcement in the 21st Century - Event Audio