Disney's BoardWalk Inn
2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830
February 3-4, 2017
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Walt Disney World® Resort
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Views and opinions expressed by the Federalist Society and its speakers are not necessarily shared with Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Walt Disney World® Resort.
Hon. Mike Lee
U.S. Senator, Utah
Hon. Marco Rubio
U.S. Senator, Florida
Friday, February 3, 2017
The Legacy of Justice Scalia - Audio/Video
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Hon. Jeff Sutton, Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Rachel Kovner, Assistant to the Solicitor General of the United States
- Prof. Michael Morley, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, Barry University
- Prof. John Baker, Professor Emeritus, LSU Law Center
- Moderator: Hon. Ricky Polston, Justice, Florida Supreme Court
Address: Hon. Marco Rubio, U.S. Senator, Florida - Audio/Video
6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Reception Honoring FL Supreme Court Justice Alan Lawson
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Florida and the Future of Trade Policy - Audio/Video
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Alice Ancona, Director of Global Outreach for the Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Stephen Ezell, Vice President, Global Innovation Policy, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Dr. Thomas Palley, Senior Economic Policy Advisor, AFL-CIO
- Bryan Riley, Jay Van Andel Senior Policy Analyst, Trade Policy, The Heritage Foundation
- Moderator: Judge Jonathan Gerber, Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal
Government Ethics and Corruption - Audio/Video
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 Noon
- Todd Graves, Graves Garrett
- Renee Flaherty, Institute for Justice
- Prof. Matthew Stephenson, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
- Mr. Nick Cox, Florida Statewide Prosecutor
- Moderator: Judge Susan Rothstein-Youakim, Florida Second District Court of Appeal
Luncheon: Hon. Mike Lee, U.S Senator, Utah - Audio/Video
12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
Combating Federal Overreach - Audio/Video
2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Amit Agarwal, Solicitor General, Florida
- Andrew Brasher, Solicitor General, Alabama
- Scott Keller, Solicitor General, Texas
- Elbert Lin, Solicitor General, West Virginia
- Moderator: Hon. Allen Winsor, Florida 1st District Court of Appeals and Former Solicitor General, Florida
8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
CLE: The course number for general CLE is 1700252N. The conference is approved for 7 hours of CLE credit.
CJE: This program is approved for 5.75 hours of non-conference sponsored CJE credit. Judges who request credit should email CJEMail@flcourts.org and reference course #17-21. They should also certify that they attended the entire program, or specify which session(s) they attended so that the correct amount of partial credit can be calculated.