Washington, DC - January 31
Arlen Specter, Michael Gerhardt, Simon Heller, Michael B. Wallace, M. Edward Whelan III, David G. Savage
Start : Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:00 PM
End : Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:30 PM
Add To Your Calendar
National Press Club
529 14th St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20045
Senator Arlen Specter and a panel of experts will examine the state of the judicial nomination and confirmation process. How does the pace of confirmations measure up to previous, similarly-situated administrations and Congresses? Has the administration been sufficiently attentive to the issue of nominations? Has the Senate been remiss in its duty to hold hearings and votes? What can be expected for the balance of the President's term; is the Senate entitled to effectively foreclose action on pending nominees at some point in anticipation of a Presidential election?
- Hon. Arlen Specter, U.S. Senate, Pennsylvania, and Ranking Minority member, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee
- Prof. Michael J. Gerhardt, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Mr. Simon Heller, Legal Director, Alliance for Justice
- Mr. Michael B. Wallace, Wise Carter Child & Caraway
- Mr. Edward Whelan, President, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Moderator: Mr. David G. Savage, Supreme Court Reporter, The Los Angeles Times
Registration is $20. Lunch will be served.
We're sorry, but this event has been sold out.
If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please call us at 202-822-8138.