Since 2008, the Annual Rosenkranz Debate has been the Saturday centerpiece of the National Lawyers Convention. It features an intellectually sharp one-on-one debate between two highly prominent legal theorists. The event is sponsored by Nicholas Quinn Rosenkranz and the Rosenkranz Foundation.
- 2016 - Deborah L. Rhode and Eugene Volokh
RESOLVED: Hostile Environment Law, On and Off Campus, Often Violates the First Amendment
- 2015 - Robert P. George and John O. McGinnis
RESOLVED: The Constitution is designed for a moral and religious people and it's wholly unsuited for the government of any other.
- 2014 - Michael Mukasey and Nadine Strossen
RESOLVED: Indiscriminate Collection of American Phone Records Violates the Fourth Amendment
- 2013 - Randy Barnett and J. Harvie Wilkinson
RESOLVED: Courts are too Deferential to the Legislature
- 2012 - Hadley Arkes and Alex Kozinski
RESOLVED: Natural Law Should Inform Constitutional Law
- 2011 - Paul Clement and Laurence Tribe
RESOLVED: Congress Acted Within Its Authority in Enacting the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- 2010 - Richard Epstein and William Eskridge, Jr.
A Debate on the Constitutionality of Proposition 8
- 2009 - Guido Calabresi and Frank Easterbrook
RESOLVED: The United States Constitution Requires Federal Courts to Interpret Statutes as Honest Agents of the Enacting Congress
- 2008 - Michael McConnell and Richard Posner
How Judges Think