Mr. Norquist, a native of Massachusetts, has been one of Washington’s most effective issues management strategists for over two decades.
Mr. Norquist is president of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), a coalition of taxpayer groups, individuals and businesses opposed to higher taxes at the federal, state and local levels. ATR organizes the TAXPAYER PROTECTION PLEDGE, which asks all candidates for federal and state office to commit themselves in writing to oppose all tax increases. To date, 172 House members, and 34 Senators have taken the pledge. On the state level, 7 governors and over 1100 state legislators have taken the pledge.
Mr. Norquist also:
- Serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association of America.
- Serves on the board of directors of the American Conservative Union.
- Serves as a Contributing Editor to the American Spectator Magazine.
- Serves as president of the American Society of Competitiveness.
- Authored the book Leave Us Alone – Getting the Government’s Hands Off Our Money, Our Guns, Our Lives
In the past, Mr. Norquist served as:
- A commissioner on the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce.
- A commissioner on the National Commission on Restructuring the Internal Revenue Service.
- Economist and chief speech-writer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (1983-1984).
- Campaign staff on the 1988, 1992, 1996 Republican Platform Committees.
- Executive director of the National Taxpayers’ Union.
- Executive director of the College Republicans.
Mr. Norquist holds a Masters of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, both from Harvard University. He lives in Washington, DC with his wife, Samah and his daughters, Grace.and Giselle.
Administrative Law & Regulation Practice Group
August 05, 2009