Karlyn Bowman compiles and analyzes American public opinion using available polling data on a variety of subjects, including the economy, taxes, the state of workers in America, environment and global warming, attitudes about homosexuality and gay marriage, NAFTA and free trade, the war in Iraq, and women’s attitudes. In addition, Ms. Bowman has studied and spoken about the evolution of American politics because of key demographic and geographic changes. She has often lectured on the role of think tanks in the United States and writes a weekly column for Forbes.com.
- Columnist, Forbes.com, 2008-present
- Contributor, “Datapoints,” The American, 2007-present
- Columnist, “POLLitics,” Roll Call, 1995-2007
- Editor, “Opinion Pulse,” The American Enterprise, 1995-2006
- Editor, The American Enterprise, 1990-95
- Managing Editor, Public Opinion, 1979-90
- Fellow, Institute of Politics, JFK School of Government, Harvard University, 1985
B.A., University of Wisconsin
The Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues. The people listed as Experts have spoken or otherwise participated in Federalist Society events, publications, or multimedia presentations. A person's appearance on this list does not imply any other endorsement or relationship between the person and the Federalist Society. All expressions of opinion by an expert are those of the expert.
2014 National Lawyers Convention
November 17, 2014