Article V of the United States Constitution permits state legislatures to call a constitutional convention to consider amendments to the Constitution. State legislatures have never utilized this procedure. Calls for an Article V Convention have increased in recent years in response to the growth of the federal government. This panel will discuss whether the States should hold an Article V Convention to amend the Constitution, with a focus on whether Ohio would benefit from such amendments.
This panel opened the Inaugural Ohio Chapters Conference at the Athletic Club of Columbus on Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Hon. Tom Brinkman, Ohio House of Representatives, District 27
- Hon. Jennifer Brunner, Ohio 10th District Court of Appeals
- Professor David Forte, Professor of Law, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University
- Hon. Matt Huffman, Ohio State Senate, District 12
- Moderator: Hon. Larry Obhof, Ohio Senate President
- Introduction: Matthew Byrne, President, Cincinnati Lawyers Chapter
Athletic Club of Colubmus