The Federalist Society's Financial Services & E-Commerce Practice Group presented this panel discussion at the 2008 Annual National Lawyers Convention on November 21, 2008.
12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m.
Financial Services: The Latest in the Financial Services Crises: Government Control v. the Free Market
- Mr. Bert Ely, Ely & Company, Inc.
- Mr. Scott M. Polakoff, Office of Thrift Supervision, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Mr. Alex J. Pollock, American Enterprise Institute
- Mr. Andrew Redleaf, Whitebox Advisors, LLC
- Mr. John Taylor, National Community Reinvestment Coalition
- Hon. Peter J. Wallison, American Enterprise Institute
- Prof. Todd J. Zywicki, George Mason University School of Law
- Moderator: Hon. Douglas Ginsburg, U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit