The Honorable Eileen J. O'Connor of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, and former Assistant Attorney General for the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, opened The Federalist Society's 2008 Tax Policy Conference titled "Our Nation's Founding Principles and Our Tax Code - Consistent or In Conflict?" at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, on May 7, 2008.
9:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Hon. Eileen J. O'Connor, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, and former Assistant Attorney General for the Tax Division, United States Department of Justice
9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Panel I: Health Care: How Our Tax Laws Affect How Health Care is Paid for and Delivered
- Mr. Michael F. Cannon, Cato Institute
- Mr. Robert B. Helms, American Enterprise Institute
- Prof. Mark V. Pauly, University of Pennsylvania - Health Care Systems Department
- Moderator: Prof. Amy Monahan, University of Missouri - Columbia
National Press Club