The Fifth Annual Executive Branch Review Conference will examine the changing and often convoluted relationship between the legislative and the executive branches in the United States government. The Conference began with an opening address by Senator Mike Lee and concluded with a closing address by OMB Director Mick Mulvaney.
This panel of the 2017 Executive Branch Review Conference was held at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. on May 17, 2017.
Breakout Session: Judicial Deference and Congressional Action
2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Hon. Ronald A. Cass, Dean Emeritus, Boston University School of Law and President, Cass & Associates, PC
- Prof. John O. McGinnis, George C. Dix Professor in Constitutional Law, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Prof. Richard Pierce, Lyle T. Alverson Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Mr. M. Edward Whelan, President, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Moderator: Hon. Thomas B. Griffith, United States Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.