The U.S. Supreme Court is now ready to hear oral argument in one of the most highly anticipated cases in the modern era, Florida v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, a consolidated series of challenges to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Our panel of experts will analyze the case and all issues before the Court, including discussion of the constitutionality of the individual mandate provision, severability, coercion and the Medicaid provision, and the implications of the Anti-Injunction Act. Please join us for what promises to be an important preview of these critical issues.
- Prof. Randy E. Barnett, Georgetown University Law Center
- Hon. Walter Dellinger, O'Melveny & Myers
- Prof. Neal K. Katyal, Georgetown University Law Center
- Mr. C. Kevin Marshall, Jones Day
- Moderator: Mr. Stuart Taylor, Jr., Contributing Editor, National Journal and Nonresident Fellow, Brookings Institution
National Press Club