To listen, please right click on the audio file you wish to hear and then select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." After you save the audio file to your computer, you can then listen to it in your audio player of choice.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - MP3
Running Time: 01:02:25
With a recently appointed director, the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), created by the Dodd-Frank Act, will swing into action. Among other issues, the speakers will discuss the structure, authority and potential effectiveness of the new bureau and will take questions from callers. How might the CFPB fulfill its goals of preventing the next financial crisis and protecting consumers? Will consumers and a struggling economic recovery benefit from its actions?
- Hon. Wayne Abernathy, Executive VP for Financial Institutions Policy and Regulatory Affairs, American Bankers Association
- Ms. Jo Ann Barefoot, Co-Chair, Treliant Risk Advisors
- Prof. Arthur Wilmarth, The George Washington University Law School
- Prof. Todd Zywicki, George Mason University School of Law
- Moderator: Mr. Dean A. Reuter, Vice President & Director of Practice Groups, The Federalist Society