Congress is considering several amendments to the False Claims Act which would broaden whistleblower protection and qui tam provisions. Supporters argue that these amendments will lead to better government and a closer monitoring of federal expenditures. Others maintain that the amendments, which make federal employees relators under qui tam, are inadvisable at best and potentially detrimental to business and other concerns.
- Mr. Jonathan Diesenhaus, Hogan & Hartson LLP
- Mr. Andrew Grosso, Andrew Grosso & Associates
- Ms. Marcia Madsen, Mayer Brown LLP
- Ms. Shelley Slade, Vogel, Slade & Goldstein, LLP
- Moderator: Mr. R. Christopher Cook, Jones Day