The Civil Rights Practice Group hosted this panel on "Who Benefits from Affirmative Action and Race and Gender Consciousness?" on Friday, November 16, 2012, during the 2012 National Lawyers Convention.
Civil Rights: Who Benefits from Affirmative Action and Race and Gender Consciousness?
12:00 noon – 2:15 p.m.
- Hon. Martin “Marty” Castro, President and CEO, Castro Synergies, LLC, and Castro Rioja Enterprises, LLC; Chairman, Illinois Human Rights Commission and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights; Co-Founder, New Futuro, LLC
- Hon. Gail Heriot, University of San Diego School of Law, and Commissioner, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Prof. Theodore M.“Ted” Shaw, Columbia Law School
- Mr. Stuart S. Taylor, Jr., Contributing Editor, National Journal
- Moderator: Hon. Carlos Bea, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit