The purpose of our Annual Conference is to provide an opportunity for those interested in the Society to share ideas and scholarship with each other. We will host a number of panel discussions on topics ranging from Presidential powers to immigration. This will provide a forum for discussion and allow the presenters to obtain feedback on their scholarship.
Thursday, January 4
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Reception and Panel
- Dr. Louis Fisher, Congressional Research Service
- Professor Ilya Somin, George Mason University School of Law
- Professor John C. Yoo, Boalt Hall School of Law
- Moderator: Professor Douglas W. Kmiec, Pepperdine University School of Law
Friday, January 5
9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Professor Randy E. Barnett, Georgetown University Law Center
- Professor John C. Harrison, University of Virginia School of Law
- Professor Michael Rappaport, University of San Diego School of Law
- Professor Kermit Roosevelt, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Moderator: John O. McGinnis, Northwestern University School of Law
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lunch and Presentation
- Mr. T. Kenneth Cribb, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Dr. Gary Scott, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Moderator: Professor Gail Heriot, University of San Diego School of Law
Co-sponsored by National Association of Scholars
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
A Bibliography for Originalist Research - AUDIO NOT AVAILABLE
- Professor Robert G. Natelson, University of Montana School of Law
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Dr. Michael Greve, American Enterprise Institute
- Professor Larry C. Backer, Pennsylvania State University - Dickinson School of Law
- Moderator: Hon. John S. Irving, Of Counsel, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Discussion Leaders:
- Ms. Tamar Jacoby, The Manhattan Institute
- Dr. Matt Spalding, The Heritage Foundation
- Moderator: Mr. Eugene Meyer, President, The Federalist Society