Are American Businesses a Threat to American Sovereignty? - Event Audio/Video
International & National Security Law and Corporations Practice Groups
April 11, 2007Ronald A. Cass, Bert Foer, Keith N. Hylton, R. Hewitt Pate, Lorraine Woellert
The following audio and video were recorded on April 11, 2007.
Are American Businesses a Threat to American Sovereignty? 4-11-07
[ Full Audio]
This panel will explore the practice of American businesses, having received an unfavorable outcome in U.S. courts or agencies, particularly in anti-competition cases, taking their disputes to multinational authorities (such as the EU) or to foreign courts and other international bodies. How prevalent is this practice? Does this practice undermine American sovereignty and the rule of law here at home? If so, is there something to be done about it, or is this merely the natural and unavoidable consequence of the globalization of industry and commerce? Our panel of experts will examine these and other related issues.
- Hon. Ronald A. Cass, President, Cass & Associates, PC and Dean Emeritus, Boston University School of Law
- Mr. Bert Foer, President, American Antitrust Institute
- Prof. Keith N. Hylton, Boston University School of Law
- Mr. R. Hewitt Pate, Hunton & Williams
- Moderator: Ms. Lorraine Woellert
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Location: The National Press Club