Cybersecurity – The Policy and Politics of a Leading National Security Threat - Event Audio/Video
2013 National Lawyers Convention
November 22, 2013Steven G. Bradbury, Joel F. Brenner, Michelle Richardson, Paul Rosenzweig, John C. Yoo, Vincent J. Vitkowsky
The following audio and video were recorded on November 15, 2013.
Cybersecurity – The Policy and Politics
of a Leading National Security Threat 11-15-13
Running Time: 01:30:42
[ Full Audio]
Cyber attacks were the first identified global threat in the U.S. Intelligence Community's 2013 Worldwide Threat Assessment. Government officials have warned of a "Cyber Pearl Harbor". Yet there is little consensus on the best measures to prevent and mitigate cyber attacks. This panel will address key questions such as information sharing and related privacy concerns, the effectiveness and burdens of regulation of critical infrastructure, the possibility of preemptive active defense, and the effects of the exposure of the NSA programs on cybersecurity.
The International & National Security Law Practice Group hosted this panel on "Cybersecurity -- The Policy and Politics of a Leading National Security Threat" on Friday, November 15, during the 2013 National Lawyers Convention.
International: Cybersecurity – The Policy and Politics of a Leading National Security Threat
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Mr. Steven G. Bradbury, Partner, Dechert LLP and former head, Office of Legal Counsel, United States Department of Justice
- Mr. Joel F. Brenner, Principal, Joel Brenner LLC and former National Counterintelligence Executive, former Inspector General and Senior Counsel, National Security Agency
- Ms. Michelle Richardson, Legislative Counsel, American Civil Liberties Union
- Mr. Paul Rosenzweig, Red Branch Law and Consulting and former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Principal
- Prof. John Choon Yoo, Emanuel S. Heller Professor of Law, University of California, Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law
- Moderator: Mr. Vincent J. Vitkowsky, Chairman, International & National Security Law Practice Group, the Federalist Society
|2013 National Lawyers Convention Schedule|