Detention and Trial of Terrorist Suspects - Event Audio/Video
International & National Security Law Practice Group
May 28, 2009Jonathan Hafetz, Elisa Massimino, Andrew C. McCarthy, David B. Rivkin, Jr., Charles D. Stimson, Edwin Meese III, Vincent J. Vitkowsky
The following audio and video were recorded on May 28, 2009.
Counterterrorism and the Obama Administration
This event was co-sponsored by The Heritage Foundation.
[ Full Audio]
Audio Running Time: 01:35:43
THURSDAY, MAY 28
9:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Panel 1: Detention and Trial of Terrorist Suspects
- Jonathan Hafetz, Esq., American Civil Liberties Union
- Elisa Massimino, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Human Rights First
- Andrew C. McCarthy, Senior Fellow, National Review Institute
- David B. Rivkin, Jr., Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Charles D. "Cully" Stimson, Senior Legal Fellow, Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, The Heritage Foundation, and former Deputy Assistant U.S. Secretary of Defense (Detainee Affairs)
- Moderator: The Hon. Edwin Meese, III, Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow in Public Policy and Chairman, Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- Introduction: Vincent J. Vitkowsky, Partner, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
The Capitol Visitor Center