The False Claims Act - Event Audio
Administrative Law & Regulation and Criminal Law & Procedure Practice Groups
April 18, 2008Jonathan Diesenhaus, Andrew Grosso, Marcia G. Madsen, Shelley Slade, R. Christopher Cook
The following audio was recorded on April 18, 2008.
Congress is considering several amendments to the False Claims Act which would broaden whistleblower protection and qui tam provisions. Supporters argue that these amendments will lead to better government and a closer monitoring of federal expenditures. Others maintain that the amendments, which make federal employees relators under qui tam, are inadvisable at best and potentially detrimental to business and other concerns.
The False Claims Act 4-18-08
Running Time: 01:29:20
[ Full Audio]
- Mr. Jonathan Diesenhaus, Hogan & Hartson LLP
- Mr. Andrew Grosso, Andrew Grosso & Associates
- Ms. Marcia Madsen, Mayer Brown LLP
- Ms. Shelley Slade, Vogel, Slade & Goldstein, LLP
- Moderator: Mr. R. Christopher Cook, Jones Day