In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts. This edition contains updates on important state court decisions in Wisconsin, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Montana, Georgia, and California.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Rules Plaintiffs Entitled to Receive "Phantom Damages" by Andrew C. Cook
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clarifies Standard for Awarding Punitive Damages by William S.W. Chang
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Vacates Trial Court's Denial of a Minor's Application to Obtain an Abortion by Steven J. Willis & Jordan E. Pratt
- Montana Takes on Citizens United by Edward Greim & Justin Whitworth
- Georgia Supreme Court Strikes Down Ban on Assisted Suicide Advertisements by Jack Park
- California Supreme Court Upholds Law Dissolving Redevelopment Agencies by Angela Kopolovich
- California: Traditional Marriage Proponents Have Standing When Public Officials Refuse to Defend It by Jonathan Berry