The Free Speech & Election Law Practice Group sponsored this panel during the 2001 National Lawyers Convention on November 16, 2001.
- Professor Lillian BeVier, University of Virginia Law School
- Mr. John Malcolm, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Mr. Marc Rotenberg, Executive Director, Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Mr. Stuart Taylor, Editor, National Journal
- Professor Eugene Volokh, UCLA Law School
- Mr. Manuel Klausner, Individual Rights Foundation and Reason Foundation (Moderator)