10th Annual Faculty Conference
Thursday, January 3
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Panel: Executive Discretion & the Rule of Law
- Prof. Harvey Mansfield, Harvard University
- Prof. Neomi Rao, George Mason University School of Law
- Prof. Ilya Somin, George Mason University School of Law
- Moderator: Prof. John McGinnis, Northwestern University School of Law
Friday January 4
9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Panel: Post Kelo Reform
- Prof. David Dana, Northwestern University School of Law
- Prof. Steve Eagle, George Mason University School of Law
- Prof. James Ely, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Mr. Daniel B. Kelly, Olin Fellow, Yale Law School
- Moderator: Prof. Ilya Somin, George Mason University School of Law
12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m.
Debate: Is the DC Gun Ban Unconstitutional?
- Prof. Nelson Lund, George Mason University School of Law
- Hon. David Yassky, New York City Council Member
- Moderator: Prof. Randy Barnett, Georgetown University Law Center
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Panel: American Law Schools: Envy of the World or General Motors Before the Fall?
Co-Sponsored by the National Association of Scholars
- Prof. Paul Campos, University of Colorado School of Law
- Dean John Garvey, Boston College & President-Elect, Association of American Law Schools
- Prof. Maimon Schwarzschild, University of San Diego School of Law
- Prof. George Shepherd, Emory University College of Law
- Dean Rodney Smolla, Washington & Lee School of Law
- Moderator: Judge Frank Easterbrook, United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
4:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Address: "The Duke Lacrosse Case & the Academy," followed by a Question & Answer Session/General Discussion
- Prof. KC Johnson, Brooklyn College