2007 Annual Faculty Conference
The purpose of our Annual Conference is to provide an opportunity for those interested in the Society to share ideas and scholarship with each other. We will host a number of panel discussions on topics ranging from Presidential powers to immigration. This will provide a forum for discussion and allow the presenters to obtain feedback on their scholarship.
Thursday, January 4
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Reception and Panel
- Dr. Louis Fisher, Congressional Research Service
- Professor Ilya Somin, George Mason University School of Law
- Professor John C. Yoo, Boalt Hall School of Law
- Moderator: Professor Douglas W. Kmiec, Pepperdine University School of Law
Friday, January 5
9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Professor Randy E. Barnett, Georgetown University Law Center
- Professor John C. Harrison, University of Virginia School of Law
- Professor Michael Rappaport, University of San Diego School of Law
- Professor Kermit Roosevelt, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Moderator: John O. McGinnis, Northwestern University School of Law
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lunch and Presentation
- Mr. T. Kenneth Cribb, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Dr. Gary Scott, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Moderator: Professor Gail Heriot, University of San Diego School of Law
Co-sponsored by National Association of Scholars
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
A Bibliography for Originalist Research - AUDIO NOT AVAILABLE
- Professor Robert G. Natelson, University of Montana School of Law
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Dr. Michael Greve, American Enterprise Institute
- Professor Larry C. Backer, Pennsylvania State University - Dickinson School of Law
- Moderator: Hon. John S. Irving, Of Counsel, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Discussion Leaders:
- Ms. Tamar Jacoby, The Manhattan Institute
- Dr. Matt Spalding, The Heritage Foundation
- Moderator: Mr. Eugene Meyer, President, The Federalist Society