The Future of Regulatory Review - Event Audio/Video
Administrative Law & Regulation Practice Group
March 21, 2011Ronald A. Cass, E. Donald Elliott, Sally Katzen, Jeffrey Lubbers, A. Raymond Randolph
The following audio and video were recorded on March 21, 2011.
On January 18, President Obama announced through a Wall Street Journal opinion piece that he would issue an executive order that would begin a review to "make sure we avoid excessive, inconsistent and redundant regulation" and would review "the rules already on the books to remove outdated regulations that stifle job creation and make our economy less competitive." The Op-ed is available here. This was followed by the release of the Executive Order, available here. Our panel of experts will examine and discuss the new direction outlined by the Administration.
- Hon. Ronald A. Cass, President, Cass & Associates, PC
- Hon. E. Donald Elliott, Partner, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Hon. Sally Katzen, Senior Advisor, Podesta Group
- Prof. Jeffrey S. Lubbers, American University Washington College of Law
- Moderator: Hon. A. Raymond Randolph, U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
National Press Club
|"Toward a 21st-Century Regulatory System" by Barack Obama, The Wall Street Journal, January 18, 2011|
|Executive Order 13563 of January 18, 2011 (PDF)|