State Court Docket Watch November 2007
November 1, 2007Jonathan Bunch, John Shu, Matthew Saltzman, John Hilton, Matthew J. Brooker, Brian P. Brooks, James A. Haynes, Maclin P. Davis, Benjamin L. Ginsberg, Thomas F. Gede
In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents the latest issue of State Court Docket Watch. This issue features articles on the state courts of Missiouri, Iowa, Maryland, New Jersey, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, California, Nevada, Tennessee, and New York.
- Missouri Looks to Reform the Missouri Plan by Jonathan Bunch
- Gay Marriage Update: Iowa & Maryland by John Shu
- Missiouri Supreme Court Unanimously Upholds Statute In Part Creating Civil Liability for Abortion Providers by Matthew J. Brooker
- Missouri and New Jersey Courts Reject "Market Share" Liability for Lead Paint Manufacturers by Brian P. Brooks
- Michigan Supreme Court Upholds Voter Phote ID Law
- Parental Law in the States: Maryland, Minnesota, Pennsylvania by James A. Haynes
- Tribal Sovereign Immunity Does Not Bar California's Suit over Campaign Contribution Disclosure Violations by Tom Gede
- Court Bars California Governments from Retaining Private Contingency-Fee Counsel in Nuisance Suits by Tom Gede
- Nevada Legislature Passes Proposal to Change Judicial Selection Process by Matthew D. Saltzman
- Proposals to End Judicial Elections in Minnesota
- Is the Tennessee Plan Constitutional? by Maclin P. Davis, Jr.
- Judicial Selection Litigation in New York by Benjamin L. Ginsburg & John Hilton