Celebration of the Life of Robert H. Bork 1927-2012
April 9, 2013
Robert H. Bork
- Robert H. Bork, Jr.
- John O'Sullivan, CBE, is a journalist, author and Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute and editor at large for National Review. He was senior policy writer and speechwriter for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, former executive editor of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
- George Priest is the Edward J. Phelps Professor of Law and Economics and Kauffman Distinguished Research Scholar in Law, Economics, and Entrepreneurship at Yale Law School.
- Ann Schein Carlyss, a concert pianist, was raised in Washington, D.C. and has performed in Washinton's concert halls since her first recital there at the age of seven. Her teachers were Mieczyslaw Munz, Arthur Rubinstein, and Dame Myra Hess. She considers Washington to be her spiritual "home", although her life as a performer has taken her to every continent.
Rachmaninoff Prelude in D Major
Rachmaninoff Prelude in B flat minor
- John Harrison is the James Madison Distinguished Professor of Law and Joseph C. Carter, Jr. Research Professor of Law at the University of Virginia Law School. He clerked for Judge Bork on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- A. Raymond Randolph has served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit since 1990. After clerking for the Judge Henry J. Friendly on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, he served as an Assistant to the U.S. Solicitor General from 1970 to 1973 and, from 1975 to 1977, as Deputy Solicitor General.
- Mary Ellen Bork
Portrait by Peter Egeli
For more about Judge Robert H. Bork, click here.