The Fifth Annual Executive Branch Review Conference will examine the changing and often convoluted relationship between the legislative and the executive branches in the United States government. The Conference began with an opening address by Senator Mike Lee and concluded with a closing address by OMB Director Mick Mulvaney.
This panel of the 2017 Executive Branch Review Conference was held at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. on May 17, 2017.
Luncheon Panel: Is the Modern Congress Doing More Harm Than Good?
12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Prof. Lisa Heinzerling, Justice William J. Brennan, Jr., Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Mr. Matthew Spalding, Associate Vice President and Dean for Educational Programs, Hillsdale College
- Mr. Adam J. White, Research Fellow, The Hoover Institution and Adjunct Professor, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
- Ms. Elizabeth B. Wydra, President, Constitutional Accountability Center
- Moderator: Mr. Dean A. Reuter, General Counsel, Vice President & Director of Practice Groups, The Federalist Society
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.