In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts. This edition contains updates on important state court decisions in Iowa, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas, and a U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding a Montana campaign finance law.
- Iowa Supreme Court Deeply Divided on Whether the Iowa Constitution Contains a Right to Education by Ryan Koopmans
- New Jersey Supreme Court Rules Homeowners' Association's Sign Restriction on the Interior of a Unit Is Unconstitutional by Jaime K. Fraser
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Excludes Any Exposure Theory in Asbestos and Toxic-Tort Litigation by William L. Anderson & Kieran Tuckley
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Private-Property Owners in Case on Public Access to Beaches by Brittany La Couture & Tim Sandefur
- Supreme Court Reaffirms Its Holding from Citizens United by Edward Greim & Justin Whitworth